The year-end issue of Stuff Magazine just came out, and as such it includes several 2010 retrospectives. One is a look back at my biweekly Food Coma column which reviews fine-dining restaurants in Greater Boston, trying to give readers a broad flavor of the restaurant while highlighting one particularly outstanding dish.
The Ultimate Food Coma: The 25 Best Things We Ate This Year not only includes my best-of picks from my 2010 year of high-end dining out on behalf of Stuff, but also includes Scott Kearnan's ten favorites from his Stuff It column, which tends to focus on more casual venues. Here's a breakdown of our picks.
From MC Slim JB’s Food Coma column:
From Scott Kearnan’s Stuff It column:
10. The mezze platter at Karoun
9. Butternut squash ravioli at Barlow's
8. Deviled eggs at Deep Ellum
7. Croque Dog at Mike & Patty's
6. Pork Milanese at Geoffrey's Cafe
5. Deep-fried lobster legs at The Barking Crab
4. Meat pies at KO Catering and Pies
3. Mac Attack at Boston Burger Company
2. Masala ravioli at Da Vinci Ristorante
1. The All the Way dog at Tasty Burger
The feature reflects my general sentiment that despite the lingering chill of the recession, 2010 was still a great year for restaurants Boston, with operators old and new giving us plenty of good reasons to keep dining out. Here's hoping 2011 represents a broad upswing for all of us.